Friday, August 22, 2008

No, He's a Pirate


Ahhh, bliss...I have my frozen yogurt, I have my Clark teddy bear in his pirate pjs, and I'm all snugly in my bed watching Pirates of the Caribbean. Life is good.

Today was yet another uneventful day in the life of an unemployed pirate. I did clean my room and make a new Lois and Clark music video, so I guess the day wasn't a total waste. I really hope I hear soon about the job. I'm becoming downright lazy, and that doesn't really seem healthy.

I have no idea what I will do tomorrow. I'm getting a little tired of sitting around the house all day, but going out shopping or even spending much on gas right now seems unwise. I'm sure I can find productive things to do at home if I look for them. There are always bathrooms to clean and laundry to do and floors to be mopped. The question is, will I actually do these things, or will I sit around like a bum?

Well, the end of the movie is near, and I need to go swoon over Will Turner in his rockin' awesome hat and that lovely "no, he's a pirate" kiss.



"Perhaps, on the rare occasion pursing the right course demands an act of piracy, piracy itself can be the right course."


Sigh...

1 comment:

Jenn said...

You're not lazy, Lauren. Not at all. After all, you managed to produce our rickroll in what, a day? ;-)

Allow me to draw on some L&C wisdom: it's like how the sun recharges Superman so he can go out and do good; you need some time in the sun (or, in your bed, watching "Pirates," to recharge yourself so you can go out and be a supernanny to the next family you're with. And that perfect family is going to come along. I just know it.

I think a little "me time" is a good thing. It may not seem like it now, but next time you're knee-deep in Play-Doh and barf, you're going to wish you were home in bed. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails