Thursday, October 30, 2008

Boo!

The kids came over today and are spending the night tonight. My nephew and I decided that we needed to carve a "scary" pumpkin this evening. Now understand, my nephew is three years old, so you can imgaine how much "we" went into the pumpkin carving. He was very supportive and attentive though...much more than I thought he would be. He sat next to me at the counter for almost the whole time I was working on it and offered helpful opinions such as, "It looks like spiderwebs in there!" and "You got your hands all nasty!" and "You are doing a really good job!" He had absolutly no interest in sticking his hands in that pumpkin to pull out the guts. He does not like to get his hands messy.

I do not claim to be any sort of an artist, but I do rather like my pumpkin. I think he needs a name. My nephew says we should call him Rock Pumpkin. I have no idea why.
Once "Rock Pumpkin" was done and lit, my nephew and I turned out all the lights to look at it. He insisted that we all stay back because it was a very scary pumpkin. Personally, I don't think he is all that scary, but hey, I'm not three. What do I know?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That 'jack' is awesome!! What tools do you use to carve with? Halloween is so much fun. I'm glad your nephew got to share some of the fun with you!!!

Lauren said...

I just used our kitchen knife set...mostly the paring knife and smaller bread knife.

Candycane said...

I don't know i'd be a bit wary myself ;D

xXx

Related Posts with Thumbnails