Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Balentime's Day!

I cannot say that I love Valentine's day. What single girl does? However, this one was not so bad. I spent the day with my two favorite little people, and was often wished a "Happy Balentime's Day, Auntie Lauren!" (Of course, I was still being offered the same wish on the way to church this morning. Someone refused to acknowledge that "Balentime's" day was, indeed, over. Honestly, one day a year is enough.) We all enjoyed watching my niece practice her newly found walking skills, and my nephew and I had some Valentine fun fishing for "red snapper" in the swimming pool with his Superman fishing pole.

My poor sister, who has been having pretty major contractions for the past month, was hoping that she was going to be induced yesterday when she went to the doctor. However, she had not dilated enough for them to do so at this point. It should be anytime now though. Possibly in the next few days. We shall see. In the mean time, I have a feeling that the kids will be staying with us for a while. Not that I mind. How can I complain when I just got tackled to the ground with kisses by a 3 year old dressed as Superman? ;)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails