Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Surrender

I Surrender

Lord I know you see this fear in my heart of what my future holds
I feel you softly ask if I can trust You more and give you control,
So I kneel before you now and I offer everything
Come and be the Lord of all, all I am or ever hope to be

I've been living for myself, and now I want to live for You alone
Come and help me when I'm weak, and when my path seems so unknown
You will be beside me still; I know You want what's best for me
So when I want to take control, Lord please come and help my unbelief

I surrender; I surrender to the One Who loves me more than life
I surrender, I surrender here is my heart I open it wide-
To the One Who cannot be unfaithful
I now offer You all that I am

I surrender, I surrender from this day on I'll be in Your hands.


Lyrics by Leslie Ludy

The subject of submission and surrendering has been on my mind a lot lately. I feel like I have spent most of my life giving God conditions on what I will and will not do. “I am willing to do this certain thing for you Lord, but don’t ask THIS OTHER THING of me.” “I’ll do this thing, Lord, but only if…fill in the blanks” Is this an acceptable attitude for a Christian to have? I think NOT! I am created by God to do His work. I was redeemed from the punishment of death through the shedding of the blood of His Son. I have chosen to belong to Him. It is not for me to give Him conditions; it is simply for me to obey. To some of you, this may seem absurd. Why should I feel the need to submit my life and give up my own desires, to do the bidding of someone else…someone you many not even believe exists? Why? Well, first of all, I full believe…no, I know…that He does exist. I also know that He loves me, and that His love is perfect. I know that what He has for my life is so much bigger and better than what I could plan on my own. Perhaps not easier or as popular, but abundantly richer and more fulfilling. I am still rather uncertain of what God’s plan is for my life, but I know that I don’t have to know or see it all now. I must live each day as it comes and walk in obedience to what he asks of me today.

Fun, baby post to follow. :D
Related Posts with Thumbnails