Monday, March 2, 2009

The End of a Lauren Year

Today is my last day being 26. The year has certainly had it's low points, but as I look back on it, I mostly recall the good ones. I have had two jobs this past year and loved both of them. I have been blessed with another niece. I have had the opportunity to spend time with many of my family members. I finally got to meet the wonderful friends that I had gotten to know so well through the internet. I was able to travel and visit with some of my best friends. I have been healthy. I have reconnected with some friends that I hadn't spoken to in years. I believe that I have grown closer to my Heavenly Father. Yes, 26 was a good year.

I have no idea what 27 will hold. It could be a year of fun and amazing things, but it could also be a year of sorrow. I cannot know, nor do I need to. All I need to know is that no matter what it holds, my Savior will be with me and will see me through. My prayer is that I will be faithful to him in all that I do.

See you at 27! :D

3 comments:

Jenn said...

And most importantly, you met me in person. You forgot that on your list, but I am willing to overlook it.

I am counting on you to rock 27 until I catch up in August.

Happy birthday, Chaddy! Mwah!

Jenn said...

OK, I would kind of like to retract what I said at 2:11 a.m. I suppose I fit under the "Internet friends" category, but still, I did not see a "Goddess of all that is pink and Pop-Tarty" category, so ...

stephnachia said...

I loved this post! I think it's awesome to look back at the year before and think of all the blessings God has given us too. So many times we take our health, etc. for granted. But not meeting awesome people like me. ;-) I'm so glad we got to meet F2F in your 26th year... and now we'll see each other in your 27th year too! Yay!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails