Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Whovian Crafting

I have now managed to get my mother into Doctor Who. I started watching them with her on Sunday, and she is now halfway through the second season. Yesterday she sat at home and watched it for about eight hours. I'm so proud of her. ;) The only reason she even stopped was because I told her I'd like her to wait so I could watch some of it with her. Obsessions are always more fun when they can be shared with others.

And speaking of my Doctor Who obsession...


Meet my new friends. :)

While looking for a Doctor Who overcoat pattern for Clark, my Build-a-Bear, (I have not yet found a pattern, so Clark sadly cannot dress up as The Doctor) I came across patterns on Snuffykin's Live Journal for crochet dolls of The Doctor and Rose Tyler (snuffykin, I don't know you, but thank you so much for these awesome patterns!) I've been crocheting for years, but I had never attempted anything like this. My crocheting experiences have mostly been limited to doilies and a few afghans. I decided that I would give it a try. I am so glad I did! I had a lot of fun making them, and I'm pretty proud of the way they turned out.
Now, if only I could figure out how to make a TARDIS and a tiny sonic screwdriver!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those dolls are sooooo cute! How long did each one take to make? You have an amazing talent!

Thanks for sharing your handy work... I love seeing what you create, be it food, quilts... or now... crochet!!! Amazing!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails