Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July

Well, it's actually over now, so I guess this post will show up as being on the 5th. However, I haven't gone to bed yet, so I'm still counting it as the same day.

As a child, this day was one of my favorites. We would be in Michigan and would head up to my Grandma's farm with our church family for a weekend of fun, games, bonfires, fireworks, "haunted" houses, tire swings, and fellowship. Those were great times, and some of my favorite memories are from those days. It's not so exciting anymore, but it was still a good day. We have my nephew and nieces over this weekend. My parents had been invited to spend the day with some church friends, so they took the girls with them and left me home with my nephew. We went swimming, made peanut butter cookies with peanut butter chips, played with his toys, and I even introduced him to Doctor Who. ;) That started with me showing him some youtube videos of Daleks. At first he thought it was like R2D2, but then he discovered that they could talk. He informed me that he needed to have a toy one and that he needed to watch them on the TV. I picked out one of the Dalek episodes for him to watch, and he loved it. He did hide his face in the couch cushions a few times, but he assured me that he was not scared. By the time my parents came home with his sisters, he was running around the house yelling, "EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!" and "Allons-y!" (ok, it doesn't actually sound like allons-y when he says it, but I know that is what he was trying to say.)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails