Thursday, August 6, 2009

Clark as The Doctor

Clark, my Build-a-Bear, has been wanting a 10th doctor outfit for awhile now. As Build-a-Bear Workshop does not seem to think they should make this wonderful outfit, I had to figure out how to do it myself. I thought about sewing it, but honestly, I'm not so great at that and I had no idea where to even begin. I'm a little handier with yarn and a crochet hook, so I decided that would be the best way to go. I've never done anything like this before, so I kind of just made it up as I went along. The "pinstripes" are a bit more exaggerated than they should be, but hey my bear doesn't mind. I used two different methods to get the stripes. If I were to do it all over again, I'd probably use the second method (like the pants and sleeves) I came up with for the whole thing. It went a lot faster and the stripes were a little less obvious that way. However, my mom liked it better the first way (how it is on the jacket). I like both, and I don't plan to do it again, so whatever. I also made him a little sonic screwdriver to go with his new outfit. Now I just need to figure out how to get a shirt and tie to go under the jacket and get him some shoes. Also, I may someday decide to to make the overcoat. We'll see.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails