Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Michigan Vacation Part 5

 Sunday was a busy day.  Aunt M's son is a pastor, so in the morning we visited his church.  It was nice to be able to hear him preach.

After church, we went back to Aunt M's for lunch.  My cousin and her family made us fish tacos.  Holy Wow! They were yummy.  I think I was the only one there who'd had fish tacos before.  The rest of them had been missing out.  That is one of my top favorite meals.  The salsa they made to go on the tacos was A-FREAKING-MAZING.  I'm drooling a little just thinking about it.  mmmmmm.....


In the afternoon we went to a place called Kensington Park where we took a scenic boat tour.  It was absolutely stunning.  I could have easily spent the whole day in the park exploring the walking trails, fall color, etc.  The boat tour was about 40 minutes long.  Even though the color still wasn't at it's peak, what there was was gorgeous.  I'll let the pictures speak for themselves




 After the boat tour, we explored a little farm area they had at the park.  There were cows, white turkeys, goats, horses, chicks, and these cute little piggies!
 For dinner we met back up with my Aunt E, her kids, and my Grandma at California Pizza Kitchen.  We were originally going to go to the Cheesecake Factory, but apparently everyone else in MI had the same idea that day.  Oh well, CPK was yummy. :) 
 Both of my beautiful grandmothers.  How Lucky am I? :)
If you count my cousins' spouses and children, which I certainly do, I got to see 13 cousins while I was in MI! I also got to spend time with both of my grandmothers and three of my aunts. I felt very blessed and loved the whole time. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails