Sunday, September 21, 2014

A Shower and a Farewell

My baby shower was sort of a bittersweet day for me. 
We'll start with the sweet. :)  
My mom, some friends, and my sister ( who couldn't be there, but provided some awesome designs for it ) created the most perfect baby shower for me.  I, with the help of my oldest step son, came up with a robot theme.  Mom took it from there.  It was adorable!
Mom made all these completely awesome robot centerpieces out of junk she collected.






My dad made this super cool robot lamp.  If you look closely, you'll see a small robot drawing done by little man's oldest brother. :)
My Mother-in-Law brought her gift all decked out like a robot.  So cute!!
And a friend made this adorable and delicious strawberry cake!
I'm still waiting to see the pictures take than day.  I only got these few from my phone.  So many wonderful ladies came to celebrate with me though.  I felt so loved.  :)

I wish I had a picture of the yummy meal we had!  We did a nacho bar with all the fixings.  It was soooo good.


And now for the bitter. :(
The day of my baby shower was also the day I had to say goodbye to the home I grew up in.  My parents closed on their house two days later.  It was really hard to say goodbye.  Dad says it's just a house, but I don't think that's true.  It was home for me for about 16 years.  I have so many memories there.  I'm sad that my son will never get to enjoy it.  He won't get the fun of fishing off the dock or learning to swim in the pool.  I know he will have other wonderful memories, but it's hard to think they won't take place in that home.  When I left the shower, I sobbed half-way back to my house. :'(

I'm very thankful for the years I had there.  It was a wonderful place to live and have people come to visit.  I'm also very glad that I can look back on the memory of having my wedding reception there.  I'll miss that place.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails