Friday, September 12, 2014

Love and Marriage

Ack, almost a year later and yeah....so life has changed a bit in that time!  

 Guess who got married!
May 31, 2014
I love my ring. :) Check out those teal diamonds.  That was D's idea, and I think they are amazing.

We got married in a little church close to my house.  It was a small, short ceremony, 50 people including guests and wedding party, but I loved it.
The reception was at my parent's house.  I'm so glad we ended up having it there.  It was perfect!
My mom made me a teal lace for the back of my dress.  The wedding was all teal and ivory.  My Aunties came to help make everything beautiful, and they did a wonderful job.  
 As teal is not exactly a natural flower color, I decide to go with something for my bouquet that looked more like I had just picked them from a garden or field.  When my flowers died a week or so later, I was so sad, but I certainly did enjoy them.

 My aunts, grandmothers, and I made these ribbon sticks for people to wave at us as we came out of the church.
And these very special girls all came to celebrate with me.  I don't know what I would have done without a single one of them. They kept me calm.  They helped with anything that needed doing.  They were amazing.

Of course, the best part about my wedding was knowing I get to spend my life with this guy...


 ...that and maaaaybeee the cheesecakes. :D


More news to come!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails