Thursday, July 31, 2008

Doors and Windows

I never really thought I would start a blog. I don't think I have that much to say. However, I figured it might be fun. So, here goes...

I have been working as a nanny since January. The job has had it's ups and downs, but in general I have loved it. The children are, well, children, and they certainly have their difficult moments. However, I love them both very much, and they are really very sweet. Monday morning when I came to work, my boss told me that she has decided that she needs to be home with her children after school each day. So, when school starts in a couple weeks I will no longer have a job. I can understand her reasoning. If I had children of my own I do not think I would be able to leave them in someone elses care everyday. I'm happy for the family. I believe this will be a good thing for them. It just kind of sucks for me. However, as Maria says in The Sound of Music, "When God closes a door, somewhere he opens a window." I'm not sure where this open window is, but I believe that it is out there, and I plan on finding it!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Oooh, you've jumped on the blog bandwagon! I know you will find a job soon. Who can resist such a wonderful nanny as yourself? :-D

Vanda Detroit said...

I wish you good luck to find a job soon! I cross my fingers for you :)
*hugs*

Related Posts with Thumbnails