Friday, August 1, 2008

Faith, Children, Pool Guys, and Vampires



Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.


The job hunt continues. I have one possible lead, but so far it's going nowhere. I should be stressed and freaking out, but instead I feel strangly calm about the whole situation. Then again, maybe it's not so strange. After all, God has never given me a reason to doubt that He will take care of me. Why would he stop now? When I look back on my life, I can see His hand guiding me at every turn.
I am certain that this will be no different. The verse I quoted at the top of this post reminds me that if I am faithful in following the direction of the Lord, he will guide me along the right paths. Now, if only I can keep myself from trying to go my own way instead of paying attention to where He is leading!

On another note, I had a nine year old try to set me up today. Am I wearing a sign that says, "please find a man for me"? I sure don't see one! A guy came to clean the pool at the family's house where I nanny. The 9 year old looked outside and whispered something to his sister who said to me, "Miss Lauren, the pool guy's left hand is free." I was puzzled by her comment and asked her what she meant. Her brother whispered to her again, and she said, "His ring finger is empty." At this point I got what was going on and started laughing. Needless to say, I did NOT rush outside and try to seduce the poor, unsuspecting pool guy.

Confession: I am in love with the Twilight Saga. I did not plan to fall in love with these books, and I was certainly a bit late in jumping on the bandwagon. However, once I started reading them I knew they were going to be the kind of books that I would devour in one sitting. Who knew I would ever be into vampire stories? Tonight (or tomorrow morning-however you choose to look at it) the fourth book is being released at midnight. My friend, who hasn't even read the books, has agreed to go with me to the release party. I'm sure it will be an insane event with squeeing teenage fangirls, but I don't really care. I always wanted to go to one of the Harry Potter release parties but never did. Maybe this will help to make up for it. I am not, however, planning to dress up for it. That would be crossing the line. Of course, if it were a pirate party, that would be a different story. ;)

1 comment:

stephnachia said...

Have fun at your "nerd" party. Hee hee... Just kidding. I'm totally in love with the Twilight series too and would totally go with you if we lived even remotely close to each other. Which brings up my LAFF w/drawal feelings... I miss you!

And you rock for trusting God with your job. It can be so stressful not knowing but to be at peace and know that He will always come through for you... that's a cool thing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails