Monday, August 18, 2008

Home Sweet Home...Complete With Hurricanes and Roaches!

After a very long day of traveling yesterday, I must say that it is certainly good to be home! I drove with my grandma and her friend to the St. Louis airport. I knew they had a long drive ahead of them back to MI, so I took over the driving for my part of the trip. (Can I just say that 4 hours of trying to find Grandma-safe music on the radio is NOT fun?!)

The flight home was pretty uneventful. I slept a little, read a lot, and listened to music (without needing to worry about what Grandma was going to think about it!). On the first leg of the flight I sat next to this little kid (about 9 years old) who apparently does not understand the concept of personal space. He was leaning up against me for much of the trip, and he kept tapping my shoulder to show me pictures in his magazine or tell me what had just been said over the speaker (as though I couldn't already hear it). It wasn't really a big deal, but I was rather glad when we parted ways in Atlanta. The Atlanta - home portion of my trip was much easier. The people on either side of me kept in their own spaces and left me alone. My aunt and uncle picked me up at the airport as my parents are out of town this week. I got home around midnight. Naturally there was a dead cockroach waiting in my room to welcome me home. At least it wasn't a live one!

I slept till noon today, and I enjoyed every second of it. Other than a trip to the library and grocery store, I have done very little today. My room is a disaster, and I still have not unpacked. Maybe I will take care of those things later tonight. We shall see. For now I will keep an eye on the weather and wait for a visit from Fay.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails