Sunday, October 12, 2008

And The Plot Thickens

My trip to meet the family went well I guess. I mean, they were nice people, and they didn't try to kill me or anything. ;) However, I am almost as unsure about the job as I was before I went. During my time there I mostly just got to know the family. We didn't really talk a lot about the job itself. They had some car troubles and things got a little crazy, so they were kind of frazzled. When I left Saturday morning, they just waved me off with a smile. There was no talk of getting in touch with me or questions about whether I still wanted the job or anything. I sent an email thanking them for having me stay with them, and I told them I was still interested. I guess I'll just wait and see. I AM still interested in the job, but I'm not totally sure. There would be a lot of really great things about it, and the area where they live is really pretty. The family is very down to earth. The parents like being with their kids when they are home. The pay is fair. It's close enough to come home for weekends if I feel a need to do so. However, as with all jobs, there are some downsides to it. I'm not crazy about the fact that they have HUGE dogs, and living with someone else's family still seems kind of awkward. I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens. In the mean time, I'm starting to consider some other options...

Since I graduated from college I've been wanting to start a homeschool choir and music class. A few weeks ago I sent out some emails to the heads of some local homeschool organizations to ask if they thought there was any interest. Apparently they forwarded the email to families, because this weekend I have received 8 emails from parents who are very interested in the idea of a homeschool choir. Frankly, I have no idea how to go about getting something like this started, and it kind of scares me. At the same time, this has been on my heart for several years now, and maybe it's time to step out in faith and give it a try. I doubt it could generate enough income to live on, but maybe I could find a part time nanny job or even (perish the thought) go back to the preschool. The idea of actually doing something in the field I have a degree in is kind of exciting.

At this point, I have no idea what idea what the future holds for me. I think I need to be on my knees asking for some guidance here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails