Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Time For Change

Friday morning I'll be making the 3.5 hour drive to meet the family that I've been talking to for awhile. I'm nervous about it, but also excited. This job sounds pretty great. I just hope that we will be a good match. It's been hard not having any idea what my future holds. I can't plan for Thanksgiving. I can't even commit to doing something next week. I'm very thankful that I've been able to get by with so little difficulty throughout my unemployment, but I'm ready for it to be over. It's time to move on to something new. I'm ready for a change.

I'm not the only one around my house who is going through some big changes right now. My aunt and uncle have just found a temporary position and will soon be moving out of our guest house and out of state. I know they are even more nervous than I am. This isn't the ideal position for them, but at least it will be some income while they look for something more permanent.

Somehow, fall always seems like a good time to make changes. I know it is the time when I become the most restless and ready for something new. It was last fall when that I decided that I had had enough of teaching preschool. In the fall, the world changes color (ok, not here, but throughout much of the United States at least), children start a new year of school, TV shows start back up, and my mom packs away all the pictures and unnecessary nick-knacks to get ready for the Autumn and Christmas decorations. Naturally, many times of the year bring big changes, but for me, it's Autumn that represents it best.

...And even when the trees have just surrendered
To the harvest time
Forfeiting their leaves in late September
And sending us inside
Still I notice You when change begins
And I am braced for colder winds
I will offer thanks for what has been and what's to come
You are autumn...

-Nichole Nordeman, Every Season

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck!!
I hope it turns out well for you (And your aunt and uncle).

Change is a challenge, but it gives you new experiences, new outlooks, and insights...
Believe me... *I* know..

Change allows us to grow as people, whether the change is for the better or not... it helps lead us down the path of who we will become.

I hope your time for a change comes soon, and it is a path you find happiness down...
I hope we get to walk that path with you!

Again, good luck...
Look forward to hearing how things go!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails