Wednesday, October 22, 2008

This Is Where The Clever Title Goes


This morning I started reading Inkspell by Cornelia Funke. I came across this passage, and I fell in love with it.

Isn't it odd how much fatter a book gets when you've read it several times? As if something were left between the pages every time you read it. Feelings, thoughts, sounds, smells...and then, when you look at the book again many years later, you find yourself there, too, a slightly younger self, slightly different, as if the book had preserved you like a pressed flower...both strange and familiar.


It is so true! It is part of what makes a great book so easy to read again and again.

I've survived my first 2 days back in the working world. I'm in the toddler classroom, and I have some really sweet kids. Naturally, I have some little boogers in there as well. Every classroom has it's boogers, but I don't think it will prove to be anything I can't handle. Let's just hope those words don't come back to bite me in the butt!

2 comments:

appleandi said...

i love that passage! i'm glad to hear you are having a good time back in the classroom.

Anonymous said...

That passage is so, so true. There is nothing like a good book for what ail's ya. ;)

I hope the toddlers behave for you. *hugs*

Related Posts with Thumbnails