Monday, October 20, 2008

Disney Magic


I'm am back from my trip to the most magical place on earth. You know, it doesn't seem to matter that I've been there about a million times, it still is magical for me. I still fills me with wonder and excitement every time I go.

This time I went with my sister, brother-in-law, nephew, niece, my BIL's brother and his wife and kids, and my BIL's parents. While I did spend time with all of them, I ended up hanging out a lot on my own this trip. I really don't mind that. I find that I occasionally enjoy being able to explore and park hop on my own without worrying about if other people are happy or what they want to do. I actually made some discoveries this time. Example, how on earth have I not know all this time that there is a boat and a walkway that can each take you directly from Hollywood Studios to Epcot or the Epcot resorts? How have I never been to the Boardwalk before? Why is it that in all these years I never thought to use the back entrance to the park even though I knew it was there? Why have I never been on Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom before? I guess we just go so often that we are stuck in a rut. We go on the same rides, eat at the same restaurants, and use the same modes of Disney transportation every time we go. It was so much fun to find new things.


The Boardwalk at night






Last night we went to the Magic Kingdom for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. I had never been to it before, and I really enjoyed it. The park closed down for everyone except those with a special ticket just for the party. People dressed up in costumes, they had trick or treating all over the park, there was a special Halloween parade and firework show, and the smaller crowd meant smaller lines on the rides. Several in our group dressed up...

I went as a pirate of course (Look, I swiped the flip flops off an unsuspecting tourist while searching for the fountain of youth, ok?).









My BIL and his nephew went as Lord Vader and Anakin Skywalker.

We literally could not stop for more than 5 seconds without a line forming to get autographs and pictures with Darth Vader. Everywhere we went there were dropped jaws, ooohs, ahhhs, and other various comments from people in awe of him. When we got on the boat at the campground to go the the Magic Kingdom, nearly everyone on the boat applauded. The rest of us may as well have just worn shirts saying, "I'm with Vader." Thankfully, it was a very cool evening. Otherwise he probably would have passed out in there. As it was he said it was very hot. I found the weather to be just right for my pirate costume.

My nephew went as Buzz Lightyear and my niece as the cutest little lamb ever. For my nephew, meeting the "real" Buzz Lightyear was the highlight of the trip.




It was a great trip, and I'm really looking forward to going again (though I'm not sure when that will be yet). However, it will be nice to sleep in my own bed tonight, and I'm actually looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. Well see if I still feel the same way next Monday, but for now it is nice to know that I have a reason to get out of bed and get dressed in the morning.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Hmmm....Lauren the PirateDiva went as a pirate for a halloween party? Amazing! ;-)

Jenn said...

Looks like you had a blast! I wish it was warm enough to do something like that here! For Halloween, I am going as a frostbitten journalist.

Remember how you keep saying you want a real fall? I'd say bite me, but my teeth are chattering too hard. Trust me, you're lucky to be wearing flip-flops right now. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm with Jenn - yes you are very lucky to wear flip-flop at this time of the year. I'm almost freezing here although the weather is a bit better than the last weeks but it's going to be cold again at the end of the week. 2 weeks ago it was the first time I had to wear my winter jacket.... brrrrrrr

I've just seen your pics on facebook before and I have to say these are totally cute pics! Seems you really like the Disney World. I was only once in my life, last year in Paris. And yeah, I had fun in Disneyland. It's kind of magic. I'm sure it's a lot of fun to go during Halloween time! For Halloween here - it's just something we've for a few years now and only kids are doing the Halloween thing.

Anonymous said...

Flip-flops *hahahahahaha*... you Americans and your colloquialisms.... they're Jandals in New Zealand, or thongs in Australia.... but you looked fantastic...
and ah - Disney... the place that can bring a smile even when you feel bad... I wish I could be as close to Disneyworld as you are... So much fun!

And your niece and nephew arrrr just tooo cute!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails