Thursday, November 13, 2008

Where A Kid Can Be A Kid


Yesterday I was starting to get a little sad that it had been more than a week since I had seen my nephew and niece. Now, I realize that many people don't get to see their nieces and nephews every week, but I usually do. When I don't, I miss them! I called my sister to see if she wanted to get together, and this morning my nephew called and said, "What do you want to do today?" Chuck E. Cheese just opened up here a few months ago, but we hadn't had a chance to go yet. We decided to meet there for some pizza and good times. My nephew had a blast, and my niece was content and happy the whole time. I'm sure that most of you understand that happy children usually means happy grownups!! We all had a great time. My nephew loved playing all the games. He got very frustrated when he couldn't master skeet ball, but he had fun with everything else. Even my niece got in on the action! It was a great way to start out my day...

too bad work wasn't as much fun! I had a kid get dropped off during nap time after a trip to the doctor for some shots. He was not a happy camper, and he certainly let me know. His crying woke up most of the rest of the class, and none of them went back to sleep (my crier did manage to cry himself to sleep at least). The kids were very good about staying on their mats quietly, but kids - nap = cranky afternoon. Oh well, I've certainly had worse days in preschool land! At least I got to leave a few minutes early.

Smallville will be on in a few minutes. This has, by FAR, been the best season of Smallville yet. No Lana, lots of Lois, Clark actually starting to act like Superman...if the show had been this good from the beginning I think there would be a lot fewer haters out there!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails