Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Vacation Ahead!

It isn't often that I get to go on a vacation to a place I've never been. I usually take at least two vacations a year, but they are rarely to someplace new. Example, in the last three years, I've been to LA five times. Five! In three years! Sure, that first time it was new and exciting, but once I start to remember street names and the directions to the nearest Cheesecake Factory, the city starts to lose it's newness. (Ok, to be honest, I do not remember the directions to the the nearest Cheesecake Factory, but I can't help it! I can get lost in my own mall, and I spend a LOT of time there!) Don't get me wrong, I still love going and visiting my friends there, but it's time for a CHANGE! So, this year I'm headed to Washington State. I booked my flight yesterday! I'll be going at the end of March, and I can hardly wait. It's going to be an awesome, TANG-FREE (if you were there, you'll get it. If not, don't worry about it) time with some of my favorite FoLC friends (I only use this term to distinguish them from my friends from college, homeschooling, church, etc... The truth is, they are just friends now. It really has little to do with our shared love of Lois and Clark.) I've been told to pack and umbrella and my pontoon boat. Hopefully the boat, at least, will not actually be necessary.

In the mean time, life goes on as usual. Currently I am alternating between typing and patting the back of a toddler who is determined that she does not want to nap. Tonight I start the new season with my bell choir. Eventually I'll see about posting some video of them playing. The weather is cool (highs in the 60s). The sun is shining. My cousins up in Michigan are freezing their hindquarters off! Life is good...ok, that last part was evil of me. But really, why don't they just all come down here for the winter?! Who wants to be hanging out in 2 degree weather? "Not I," said the PirateDiva!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

By the time I'm done with you, you'll know where every Cheesecake Factory in Western Washington is, too. ;)

I am so excited you guys are coming to help celebrate Truf, and oh yeah, to get rained on. Hee.

Anonymous said...

I am jealous. Really jealous. You are going to have a blast.
I loved Seattle/WA State the last time I was there many years ago.... *sighs*
Have a truly wonderful time. I KNOW you will. ;)

*huge hugs*

Related Posts with Thumbnails