Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Late Night Movie Inspiration

Last night I had every intention of going to bed early so I could get up and accomplish things this morning. I have a room to clean, laundry to do, and fabric to cut out. No time for wasting my whole morning in bed. This, at least, was my grand plan. Instead I found myself watching The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer on Netflix Instant Play somewhere around 2 AM. If you haven't seen of the films Shirley Temple made as a teenager, you should! Gone are the little girl ringlets, the tap shoes, and the short dresses. In their place you find several lovely 1940s hairstyles and some fabulous outfits.

I think this hairstyle is adorable, and I'm going to work on recreating it for myself. I'm not sure if I will be successful. I can do braids on other people, but I have a hard time getting them tight enough on my own hair. Still, I will attempt it!

Photobucket

I am also a little envious of these outfits. I'm not sure that they'd even look good on me as my figure is no where near as slight as Shirley Temple's was. They are beautiful though. I especially love the belt detail on the black (I suppose it could really be any dark color) dress and the way the skirt on the other is high in the front and lower in the back. Again, not sure I'd be able to pull them off, but they look great on her!

Photobucket


Images from RKO Radio Pictures, INC's The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer.

1 comment:

Aya Smith said...

My goodness she was an inspiration! These pictures are GORGEOUS! I love her outfits and hair both!

Mullet Fest... that does indeed sound frightening :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails