Tuesday, September 22, 2009

First Day of What?

Ah, yes, the first day of Autumn in Florida.

Nice cool temperatures...







Leaves turning to beautiful shades of orange, yellow, and red...










Children rushing out in their jackets to jump in the piles of fallen leaves...









Sigh...I miss the fall! I miss cider mills and getting your pumpkin from the pumpkin patch instead of trying to find one that isn't rotting in the giant, cardboard box at Walmart. I miss sweaters and jackets and leaves under your feet. Come January, Florida will once again be the place I love the best, but right now it is far from where I want to be.

To those of you who live in places where the leaves are changing and the air is cool and the doughnuts and cider are calling, I am trying very hard to not hate you. ;)

1 comment:

Jenn said...

If it makes you feel any better (and I am sure it won't), it is going to be 83 here today, and that is NOT common for September in Washington. So it's not like the leaves are changing here ... yet. But if they do by the time I come to see you, I will bring you a bag of them. Ha ha.

And rest assured, we hate you, too, when we are scraping snow off of our cars so we can go Christmas shopping, and you are wearing shorts. Winters around here have become a special kind of suck in recent years.

Related Posts with Thumbnails