Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pumpkins!



This evening my mother and I took my nephew and oldest niece to a pumpkin "patch" at  local church.  We are pretty short on fall fun around here, so anything we can get is pretty exciting.  The kids had a great time picking out their own pumpkins and looking at all the silly scarecrows the church had made.



According to my nephew, small pumpkins are for little people and big pumpkins are for big people.  He picked out a small one to take home.   My niece picked out one that was  a bit bigger and carried it around with her the whole time we were there.  Well, except for right after we paid for it.  Then she threw it in the trash!  Luckily, the trash was nearly empty, and we were able to save her pumpkin.



As I am a "big person"  I picked out a big pumpkin to be carved at a later date.




When we got home, my nephew chose to paint his pumpkin instead of carving it.




We got out an assortment of paints, but he was only interested in the red.   The drip from the eye was not intentional, but I think it adds a nice, creepy factor!




If I lived somewhere up north, I could have gone to a real pumpkin patch. There would have been fall leaves and hot apple cider and I could have worn some of those cold weather clothes that I love and never get to wear. But you know, my niece and nephew would have been here, and I wouldn't have been able to share the experience with them. As much as I miss the fall, I'd miss them a whole lot more!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That pumpkin is totally awesome!! Love it! Your nephew is an artist!!

It looks like you had so much fun at the pumpkin patch... wish they had something like that around here!
And spending it with family makes it perfect. :)

I can't wait to see what you do with the 'big pumpkin'. :)

Candycane said...

LOL that pumpkin is fantastic!! :D

I wish we had pumpkin patch's in the UK - we just have to get our's from the supermarkets!!

I love that your neice threw hers in the trash :D :D

xXx

Related Posts with Thumbnails