Monday, October 19, 2009

"Some Music Needs Air...

Roll down your window."  ~ Clair Colburn - Elizabethtown

What is it about a chill in the air that makes music sound so much better?   When the weather turns a bit cooler, I love nothing more than getting in my car, rolling down the windows, and blasting the music. It doesn't seem to matter what kind of music it is.  It all just seems to come alive when I'm breathing in that fresh, cold air.  Yesterday afternoon J. S. Bach and I drove through town with the contrapuntal sounds of The Art of Fugue invading every other open windowed car on the road.   In the evening, as I drove over the home of some friends, it was the music of Grease that was blaring from my speakers.  That night, Josh Groban and I sang our way home while the windy night air from the open moon roof made me shiver in a way that I love at this time of year.  

By tomorrow we will be back into the mid 80s, and as the temperature rises, so will my windows.  The music will once again be played at a normal volume, and the air conditioning will come back on.   It is a sad story, but what can be done about it?  This is home, and I must accept it.  Still, I will be anxiously awaiting the next cool front.  And I think I will spend the waiting period making some long skirts.  I don't seem to have the proper clothing for this cooler weather!

1 comment:

jana said...

thank you... I got it now!

Related Posts with Thumbnails