Sunday, January 31, 2010

January Resolution Update

Well, it's the last day of January, so I figured I should update on those New Year's resolutions I made.  Here goes.

1.  Sewing

I haven't worked at this skill at all over the past month.  It's one of those things that I need to be able to set aside a substantial amount of time to work on, and I just haven't done that. 

2.  Knitting

I've learned this month about cables, knitting on double pointed needles, making bobbles or popcorn stitches, and working from a chart.  I have made wrist warmers and a Dalek wash cloth..germs must be exterminated! Still a lot to learn, but I feel like I've made some good progress in this area.

3.  New Foods

My absolutely fabulous and amazing friend, Jenn, told me I needed to try taziki.  I'm glad she did.  I love it! Soooooo good with carrots and celery.  It's pretty low calorie and it's been helping me eat my veggies a lot more often.  I also re-tried cottage cheese.  I used to eat it all the time until my sister and friend convinced me it was gross (considering how few foods I liked at the time, I think this was uncalled for on their parts!).  For the past decade or so I've been too grossed out to eat it, but I finally decided to give it another try.  Turns out, I still love it.  I needed another form of calcium in my diet, so I'm very happy to be eating cottage cheese again. 

4.  Exercise
I'll admit that I'm not doing so great here.  I have been playing Wii Sports Resort, and some of the games on it are a pretty decent workout.  However, I haven't been playing it or doing anything else consistently.  This is still an area I need to work on.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I sincerely hope that I am not only wonderful and amazing because I introduced you to Greek yogurt dip, otherwise I'd say our friendship isn't built on much. ;) That being said, I am glad you like it! I am proud of you for branching out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails