Sunday, February 19, 2012

Egginess


I am trying very hard to count calories and lose some weight.  I worked really hard to lose weight several years ago, and in the past year or so, I've started putting a bit of it back on.  I can't let myself go down that road.  I worked too hard! So anyway, I've been trying to come up with some yummy, satisfying, and reasonably healthy meal options.  Somewhere I saw a recipe similar to this, and thought it sounded pretty good.  Yesterday I tried out a version of it.  It is super simple and quite tasty and versatile.  I took an oven safe ramekin, sprayed it with some EVOO, cracked an egg into it, and added some toppings.  My grocery store makes their own brand of tomato basil feta which I got on sale recently.  I sprinkled a tablespoon of that over the egg and added some chopped tomato.  I made another one for myself for dinner last night and added some chili pepper and green onion to it.  Then I baked it until the white part of the egg was set.  I would really like to figure out what temp and time to do it at to get it so the white is set but the yolk is still runny.  I love me some runny egg yolk. :D  I toasted up a piece of flatbread to eat with the egg.  It was yumminess! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails