Thursday, February 23, 2012

Food, Glorious Food





This banana was perfect. It made my mouth happy. It made my tummy happy. I think it might have even made my soul happy.

As I ate my lunch today, surrounded by snoring children, I was thinking about some of the foods I now eat. It is so strange to me to think that there was a time in my life that I wouldn't have touched hummus with a 10 foot pole. Now, I kind of feel like life really isn't complete if there isn't a container of it sitting on the shelf in the fridge, just waiting to be spread or scooped out. Just a few weeks ago I would have turned my nose up at Feta. Then there was a buy one get one free sale, and I thought, "Surely I can find a way to use this." Now it has been sprinkled on my eggs, flatbread roll up, and salads for two weeks, and I am loving it. (At least this tomato basil version). There are so many foods now that I am obsessed with (Mexican!) that a few years ago I would have been grossed out at the thought of eating. This leads me to believe that there are more of these foods out there. I wonder what foods I will love in a year that I am still apprehensive about eating today.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails