Saturday, March 10, 2012

Toes in the Water and Crab in my Belly

Do you love this picture of my oh so attractive foot? It's nice, huh?  My boyfriend found out he was going to get to have his boys for part of Saturday on his "off weekend."  His ex-wife had to work, so we got to play! :)  We hadn't been to the beach in a long time, and the weather was nice, so we packed up and headed out for some fun in the sun and sand.

After a full morning at the beach, I was craving either seafood or Mexican food (something about the beach always makes me want one of those two things).  We decided to have lunch at Pincher's Crab Shack.  I ordered blackened grouper tacos, and the boyfriend ordered crab.  Fish tacos used to sound like the most disgusting thing in the world to me, but now I think they might be one of my absolute favorite dishes.  The ones I ordered came out looking perfect.  They had a nice mango salsa on the side, and everything about them looked amazing.  Unfortunately, looks were deceiving.  The blackening seasoning they used was waaaaaaay too salty.  I was very disappointed.  However, I did manage to be brave enough to try some of my boyfriend's crab! I made him pull it out for me (there was no way I was going to be picking through crab parts for the meat), but I ate it.  I actually kind of liked it.  I can't imagine that I'd ever want to order it for myself and do all the breaking and picking, but I wouldn't mind having some crab meat in something sometime.  His boy's feelings on the matter of picking out the meat were very different than mine.  They had a great time cracking crab legs open and pulling out what they wanted to eat.  They kept begging for more.  In some ways, they are far more adventures eaters than I am!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails