Wednesday, August 8, 2012

New Job

My poor computer hard drive is dying a slow painful death. I can run my computer, but anytime I try to access pictures off the hard drive or put pictures on to it (or other things too, really) the whole computer crashes. I have a new hard drive, but I need someone to put it in for me, and I haven't had a chance yet. I want to blog so often, but blog posts without pictures just aren't as fun as blog posts with pictures!

Here I am anyway to update you a little bit on the life and times of Lauren.  I told you already that I was offered a job at another preschool as a receptionist.  I was really nervous about taking it because it wasn't a lot of hours.  I took it anyway though, and I'm loving it!! I like the people I work with.  I enjoy having lots to do everyday.  I'm getting used to answering the phone and doing new things.  I've even been picking up some extra hours lately which is nice on the bank account.  My job consists of registering new families for the preschool (about a 15 to 20 minute process per child),  entering the children's info into a computer program called childcare manager, filing papers, writing letters to parents, making signs, greeting parents as they come in, helping them clock their children out, answering phones, making phone calls, etc. I've been told that soon I'm going to be trained to do all the ordering of office supplies as well. At first it seemed like I wasn't going to have that much to do, but in preparation for the new school year, I've been slammed with work, and I'm loving it.  Yesterday was our open house, so we all went in at 8 AM to start getting everything ready for it.  I worked from 8 to 2:30, then clocked out and went to D's house (he lives about 2 minutes from my work, so I just hung out there by myself for awhile) for a little over an hour and then went back for open house from 4-6. Today is the first day of the new school year, so I'm guessing it will be pretty busy this afternoon with lots of parents figuring out how to clock their kids out for the first time and people still trying to register.

Yesterday was S and N's first days back at school.  N started Kindergarten, so that was pretty exciting. S is now in 3rd grade.  I left my camera with D so he could take pictures of them at school yesterday morning, but of course I can't show them to you yet because of my hard drive.  Hopefully I'll have that taken care of soon, and I'll be able to come back with lots of pictures of the fun times of Lauren.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails