Sunday, August 11, 2013

Goodbyes and Tears

My heart feels like it is breaking into a million pieces.  Tomorrow morning my baby sister and my brother-in-law will put my nephew and nieces in the car and drive them off to live in Alaska.  I have known this day was coming for awhile now, but today it finally sank in. Today I faced the fact that I have no idea how long it will be before I can hug and kiss and tickle them again.  Yesterday morning my youngest niece crawled up in my bed and snuggled into me and went back to sleep.  Soon she will be too old to want to do that.  It is hard to face the idea of missing that time.  Tonight my older niece is sleeping on a mat on my floor.  Before she fell asleep, I snuggled up next to her. She put her tiny arms around me and held me for several minutes while I tried not to let her see me cry.  Right now I am watching her sleep and wishing I could soak up enough of her sweetness to last until I see her again. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails