Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Day For Goodbyes

Today was my last day at work. When I got there this morning the kids were still asleep but the night before they had taped up artwork all over the house for me. This picture is just the small portion of it that I brought home with me. The kids had really outdone themselves. They must have put a lot of time into it.
(Note Superman S Shield on the card :D )


Once they woke up they showed me that they had left clues around the house as a sort of scavenger hunt. I followed the clues to a bottle with a piece of paper rolled up inside. (They thought this was a very pirate-like thing to do...they know me so well.) The paper turned out to be a treasure map which they wanted me to follow.
We followed the map until I found a gift wrapped up in the blanket chest. They had given me a bracelet that says, "Be still and know that I am God." on the outside and "Psalm 46:10" on the inside.
I couldn't get a very good picture of it, but this will give you a basic idea.


We went to Crispers for lunch (one of my favorite places to eat) and spent the afternoon swimming, hanging out, and yes - sometimes even fighting. Hey they are still kids! The littlest one clung to me most of the afternoon telling me how she would miss me and how she is glad I got to be her nanny. I will miss them.

This evening I went to Starbucks with my friend. She will have left for college when I come back from my trip, so this was kind of a goodbye as well. I guess it's just the day for goodbyes. If it weren't for the fact that I am going on vacation tomorrow I would probably have to break down and cry. As it is, I'm way to excited to cry!

I pretty much have everything packed and ready to go to the airport in the morning. My flight leaves at 7:40 AM, and I will get to St. Louis around 1:00 PM. My grandma, aunt, and uncle will be picking me up. I am looking forward to seeing them!

I'm still praying about the job offer I had last night. I haven't had a chance to email the mom again, but I will be doing that sometime in this next week.

Time to get back to packing and cleaning.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails