Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Trip Down Memory Lane

Ahhhh...vacation! Friday was a very long day. After 2 hours of sleep, I got up at 4:30 AM to leave for the airport. My flight to Atlanta was uneventful, and I managed to sleep most of the way. I was supposed to have a three hour layover in Atlanta before flying to St. Louis, but unfortunately my flight was delayed by over two hours. When I finally did get to St. Louis, my Aunt, Uncle, and Grandma picked me up and we started our 4 hour drive down to Springfield.

Saturday we went for a 2 mile walk around my Aunt's beautiful neighborhood, went purse shopping, had Andy's Frozen Custard (I got a caramel, pretzel Jackhammer...YUM!!!), visited the original Bass Pro,

and drove around Evangel University (my Alma Mater) to see the improvements they have made on the campus as well as some of the ongoing construction.



Last night we went to see The Skinny Improv. This is a show similar to Whose Line with Drew Carry. I went to school with a few people in the show (though I didn't really know any of them) and hadn't seen them perform since my university days. It was really a lot of fun. They keep things pretty clean, so the whole family (Grandma included) was able to enjoy it.

This morning we attended church with my aunt and uncle. The church they go to is the same one I attended while I was a student at Evangel. Even though all of my friends have moved on it still somehow felt like coming home. I really enjoyed being in the service. I have missed a lot of things about this church.

The rest of the week looks like it will be pretty busy. We have lots of fun planned, and my cousins will be coming into town tomorrow. I am looking forward to a great week!

2 comments:

Wolfshui said...

I am glad that you enjoyed the show at the skinny. I hope that you get a chance to come back and see us again.

Jeffrey Markus (light and sound technician)

Anonymous said...

Wow.. that frozen custard sounds delish!!

It is always great to walk down memory lane, and it sounds like you're really enjoying it. Also nice to know you went to school with a group of people who have talent. ;)

*hugs*

Related Posts with Thumbnails