Friday, August 15, 2008

Family, Mini Golf, and Sequins...a typical trip to Branson, MO!


So much has happened in the past several days. Where to begin? The days are starting to run together.

Monday my cousins arrived, and we spent some time in Springfield before heading down to Branson for the evening. We went to a cute, new shopping area called Branson Landing where I met up with a friend I had not seen in almost a year. That night we went to see a typical Branson show...country music, sequin costumes, and some hillbilly comedy. While it wasn't really the sort of thing that I would normally choose to do on my own, I did find myself enjoying it.
Tuesday a group of us went to Celebration City for the day. This was NOT the thrill of my week. Let me put it this way, when a theme park has to include a free mini golf course to keep people in the park, you know there is a problem.

We did have fun getting an old fashioned picture taken. The girls got dressed up in poodle skirts, and the guys wore white tees and leather jackets.


Wednesday we went to Silver Dollar City. It is one of my favorite places in the world. It's all set up like an old Ozark town, and has great atmosphere. I managed to conquer a few minor fears and get on some rides that I had never been brave enough to try before, I ate WAY to much, I relived some old memories, I made my traditional rag doll, and I had a wonderful day with my family.



Thursday we went to White Water. I hadn't been to a water park in years, but I had a blast with my cousins. It totally made me want to try out Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon at Disney. Thursday evening we all went to Lambert's (the home of the throwed rolls) for dinner. Some of the family seemed a bit concerned at the concept of people throwing bread at you, but everyone ended up having a good time. After dinner we all went to see a play at the Stained Glass Theater. I thought some of the acting was excellent, but the script could have used some serious editing. It was far too long.

Today I got to go back to Evangel for a bit. This time I was actually able to go inside and see some of my old music professors. Seeing my old voice teacher was great. He was always such fun, and I have really missed him.

It was fun to see more of the campus as well. So much has changed, but there are still a few of the old barracks left. I hope they don't tear them down. They are such a big part of Evangel history. Looking around the campus now you would never know that the whole thing used to be made up of military medical barracks.




This afternoon we headed back down to Branson to meet up with the rest of the family. We shopped, ate, and just hung out. We also took another old fashioned picture. This time we all dressed up as hillbillies. I don't have any of those photo's scanned right now, but perhaps I will upload one once I get home.

My trip is almost over. Soon I will be headed back home to figure out what exactly I am going to do next, but for now I'm having a great time and enjoying relaxing and hanging out with my family. I may not know what tomorrow brings, but I know that God has it under control.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails