Thursday, September 4, 2008

Later That Same Day...

Never mind, Captain Lauren will not be setting sail for Michigan anytime soon. That job didn't work out. Sigh, something will come...won't it? Sometimes it seems like it's never going to happen, but I know that I need to have more faith than that.

Tonight my niece fell asleep on my chest while we watched Road to Avonlea together (well, OK, I was watching. She was lying on me while I was patting her back). It's the sweetest thing in the world to have such a precious little one sleeping in your arms. I love it. It was about time too. By the time she fell asleep it was around 11:30. Let's just hope it means she will sleep in a bit in the morning. My nephew was much easier to get to sleep. I have him a bath, read him some Froggy books, and put him in bed around 9. I haven't heard from him since.

Can I just say how much I love this show (Road to Avonlea)? Lois and Clark is the show I call my all time favorite, but a big part of that is because of the friendships I have made through the fandom. Road to Avonlea is the show that most takes me back to my childhood. In a way, it's like comfort food for me...especially any episode concerning Gus Pike and Felicity King. There is a certain reoccurring piece of music

from the show, Gus Pike's Theme,

(by John Welsman and arranged from a traditional Irish fiddle tune called 'Ur Cnoc Cein Mhic Cainte' Gaelic for 'The Fresh Hills of Cein Mhic Cainte') that is the ultimate "chicken soup for the soul" for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lauren!
I finally stopped by to read what you are up to. Love all the hats! What exactly is a pirate diva? (maybe you explained it, but I missed it!) Good luck finding a nanny job... Michigan would have been cool... not too far from Wisconsin.

- heather (olund) mroz

Related Posts with Thumbnails