Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Up To The Apple Juice!


My nephew and I decided to do a little kite flying today. It took him a little while to get the hang of it, but we both had a great time.

Now, I'm sure that most of you are familiar with the Mary Poppin's kite flying song, but I will teach you all a little variation on it that my sister and I made up with a friend when we were kids. Ahem....

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height
Let's go fly a kite
And mail a letter!

Up to the Apple Juice
Up where the air is clear
Oh, let's go
Fly a kite!

Naturally, this makes no sense whatsoever, but we certainly enjoyed running around singing it when we were kids!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Ah, childhood. I love your version of the kite song. As for me, I had a version of the 80s song "Everytime you go away, you take a piece of me with you" that went, "Everytime you go away, you take a piece of meat with you." I thought it was very logical to have some meat in case you got hungry while you were away, and could not be convinced otherwise. Admittedly, I still sing it that way sometimes.

And your kite-flying looks like so much fun! I bet he had a blast!

Related Posts with Thumbnails