Friday, March 22, 2013

Balance




This totally counts as a healthy snack, right?

Right?

Anybody?

Ok, fine. It is total crap. I admit it. I also admit that every few seconds I stop typing so I can pop of few of these babies in my mouth. To be honest, I am not even ashamed of it. I don't think I will ever be the kind of person who can cut dessert out of life. I don't think you have to stop eating the things you enjoy to be healthy and lose weight. It is all about balance.

For breakfast today I had a slice of whole grain toast with just a leettle peanut butter and a half of a banana on top. It was yummy, reasonably healthy, and kept me from having to endure a growling stomach by 10:30. I find that cereal for breakfast leaves me way too hungry within just a couple of hours.

For lunch I had a big veggie salad with a sprinkling of pomegranate red wine vinegar, a piece of string cheese, and a small bowl of oatmeal ( not the instant kind ). I used 1/4 cup of old fashioned oats, 1 tablespoon of raisins, a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg, 1/2 cup of 2% milk, and about a 1/2 teaspoon of honey. Yum!

I feel that my choices were healthy enough to justify 1 tablespoon full of Nerds. I do not, however, think that I would be justified in sitting down with the big box of Nerds and eating as much as I would like. Balance.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails