Saturday, March 16, 2013

Bouncing B...Well, You'll Get The Idea...

Today at work we had some instructors from a local gym come over to give an assembly on exercise and eating healthy. At one point they had us all running in place. Afterward one of the four year olds (oh right, to be clear I should mention that I work at a preschool) said to me, "When you run, your things (pointing to his chest but clearly referring to mine) go up and down!!" Yes, little buddy, yes they do. One reason why I don't love running and jumping exercise!

I have been doing pretty well with cutting my calories the past few days. I have been keeping it around 1200-1300 calories a day, and I am trying hard to make those calories count instead of filling up on a bunch of crap. Tuesday night we had tacos, so this week for my lunches I have been using the leftovers to make veggie quesadillas with just a leettle bit (about 2 TBLs) of cheese. Yum! Tonight the boyfriend and I went out to Bajio for dinner.  Oh my word, that place is amazing. It's similar in idea to Moe's, but it's soooo much better.  Of course, it helps that they put sugar in like, everything.  I had a burrito bowl with sweet rice, black beans, sweet pulled pork, lettuce, pico, mango salsa, pineapple, jalapenos, cilantro, and lime.  Man it was yummy.  I didn't even miss the cheese, sour cream, and guacamole (ok, maybe the guac a little). I ate a little more than half of it and gave the rest to my boyfriend.  Somehow he can eat all of his food plus half of mine and often even more without gaining weight.  *Sigh* so unfair...  I wish every restaurant would post their nutrition facts.  It makes things so much easier! I kind of had to guess based on what something similar would be at Moe's and then add a little more because of all the sugar.

I haven't done so hot with working out this week. My lunch breaks have been pretty busy, but I know I need to make the time. I did get in about 20 minutes today, and I felt pretty good afterward.  Working out definitely wakes me up and improves my mood.  It's just getting motivated to get going that is somehow always so hard. A few weeks back, I started the 30 Day Shred.  I did really well for the first two weeks.  I stuck with it everyday, and I was feeling amazing...if a little sore.  But it seems like something always derails me, and then I can't get myself back on track.  I thinking about maybe mixing a little of The Shred in with some other workouts.  I am trying to keep with the technique of mixing things up so that my body doesn't get used to any one movement.  Unfortunately, the move it likes best seems to be the one where I put my butt on the couch for an hour and half and watch DVDs of Lois and Clark or Boy Meets World. 

 

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails