Monday, March 18, 2013

Journaling


Why is it that when I feel like I eat more than I should, I don't want to log it? After all, it isn't as though not entering the calories will stop them from reaching my waist line. In fact, I think that makes it worse. I kind of give up and just eat whatever the crap I want.
Last night I made a tray (a small one, but still) of Lasagna my boyfriend, his boys and myself for dinner. Lasagna is so not a diet food, but you know, I am not on a diet. I am teaching myself to eat right and choose healthy portions. I admit, I ate a little more than I probably should have. I didn't really need that second piece of cheesy garlic bread. Still, once I convinced myself to calculate it all up and enter it, I think that for a weekend, I didn't do too badly. I just wish I had said no to those two little Reese's cups I saw on my counter when I got home. I am certain that if I had already calculated my dinner at that time, I would have resisted.
I use MyFittness Pal to keep track of my food. It is a very handy little tool. Back when I lost all the weight before, there was no such helpful program available to me. I used this huge book of nutrition facts to look up everything and then log it in a notebook. It was a royal pain in the rear, but I did it. Having it all right in my iPhone is so much quicker and simpler.

Not all of these entries are exact. (I had a lot more veggies on my burger than that, but I was tired of looking them up when I know they amount to almost nothing.) Sometimes I just pick something similar because I can't find the exact think I am looking for.

I also have to guess at measurements sometimes. I try to be as honest as possible with my food journal. It is easy to cheat and say I ate less than I did, but let's be honest, the only person I am cheating is myself.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails