Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Back on the Wagon With Flatbread Pizza

I like to eat weird stuff. Not so much strange or exotic foods, but odd combinations of food. When I was much pickier, I had to come up with creative ways to put the few foods I liked together so I wouldn't get bored. I found that combos that aren't exactly normal can actually be very tasty.

I am an especially big fan of putting unlikely things together on flatbread for fun pizza meals. Today I made a delicious hummus and pear flatbread. At approximately 260 calories, it made for a great lunch (I had it alongside the rest of the pear and some peas).




It was pretty simple to make.

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.

1 Flatbread - I normally use Flat-Outs 90 calorie flatbreads but this time I tried Joseph's multi-grain flat bread (also 90 calories).

1 1/2 Tablespoons* of whatever hummus tickles your fancy - I used Publix Chili Lime hummus

2 Tablespoons* of shredded mozzarella (If I'd had it on hand, I probably would used 1 tablespoon of goat cheese and 1 tablespoon of mozzarella.)

About 1/5 of a pear, diced

2 Tablespoons of peas (I happened to have had these leftover. If I'd had peppers or cooked carrots or something, I may have used that instead. The peas were good though!)

1 Tablespoon raisins

A sprinkle of Jerk seasoning (if you are in to that kind of thing. Jerk seasoning makes my world go around.)

Spread the hummus on the flatbread, add the cheese and other toppings, and sprinkle on the seasoning. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the flatbread is lightly browned on the edges.

Enjoy!

*Obviously, if you aren't concerned about calories, you can always add more hummus and cheese.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails