Thursday, April 11, 2013

Carrot and Grapefruit Flatbread

Today's lunch is another wacky combo that turned out pretty tasty. It's all about using what you have on hand! Today I had grapefruit and some leftover Honey Dijon steam in the bag carrots. I put a little of each on my hummus coated, cheese sprinkled flatbread. Of course I also added a little jerk seasoning because, well, yum. It was pretty tasty!




Eating right is hard work!! There are always delicious things out there tempting me. I have lemon bars leftover from Bible Study on Tuesday. I have Easter candy to eat. My boyfriend's countertop is covered in bags of chips and boxes of cookies. (Thankfully, at least the store bought cookies don't particularly tempt me.) There is ice cream in the freezer. Then, just when I have resisted it all, some kid at work will have a birthday and bring in cupcakes! What's a girl to do?

It isn't that I think I need to cut it all out. It's just that I have this crazy tendency of eating ice cream and then craving chips afterward and then needing something sweet again after the salty and so on and so forth. It's a terrible downhill slide.

Today I am going to try to just avoid junk food. If I don't start, I won't keep needing more. That will work, right? Maybe? Guess we will see how it goes.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails