Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Day 1 at the Gym

This morning I went for my consultation with the trainer at the gym.  We talked about my goals and she showed me around the gym.  She gave me a basic idea of how to set up my workouts, but honestly, I was a little overwhelmed.  Of course she encouraged me to get some personal training, but when I'm already shelling out the monthly fee, I can't really afford to add anything else.  I'll do my best to figure it all out.  Thankfully, the gym has a nice website with lots of workout plans and ideas. 

Tonight I went back to get in my first workout.  I wasn't really sure what to do, and I felt pretty self-conscious.  There weren't a lot of people in there as it was after staffed hours.  There was one personal trainer working with some guys though.  I felt like he was judging me the whole time.  He kept looking at me, and I'd imagine he was thinking, "That stupid girl is doing that all wrong!"  However, I just kept at it, and tried to convince myself that he was looking at me because I'm just so dang hot. I can't say that I ever actually made myself believe, but I tried.

I spent about 30 minutes doing leg stuff on the weight machines and then another 30 on the treadmill and stair climber while I watched Doctor Who on my iphone.  I think I've found myself a better plan online that I'll start implementing tomorrow, but it was a start at least.  It's fun, and I certainly feel good afterward, but I'm still feeling very nervous about the whole thing. Hopefully it will get less awkward soon.    



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails