Monday, September 30, 2013

Stuck

Every Sunday afternoon, I go with my boyfriend to the grocery store to do his weekly stocking up. Every week, as we walk out the door, he steps up on the huge scale they have there. (Can you imagine a woman stepping willing onto a huge public scale?  ...Proof that men and women are different...but anyone who needed proof of that needs help...) Usually his weight stays right around the same place (a place he's pretty content with...lucky him).  Some weeks it goes down.  Usually it goes down after he's eaten absurdly large amounts of food all week.  Then I want to smack him.
 
When you work your butt off, but see no results, it's frustrating.  For over a month I've been going to the gym at least 5 days a week.  I have only missed working out 1 day since I joined the gym, and that was because work was crazy busy and I just never had time before I had to leave for Bible study group.  I'm not just messing around at the gym either.  I'm working out, and I'm working out hard.  I've been doing weights 3 days a week and cardio 5 days a week, but I'm just not seeing any visible results.  I know that it takes time, and I intend to keep at it, but I'm not gonna lie...it's making me mad! The scale has not moved (thankfully, it isn't going up either) and my clothes are not getting any looser.  It's making me crazy!

I'm guessing that my lack of weight loss (or even inch loss) can be attributed to my diet.  I have been doing a lot better than I was, but I think I need to really start tracking again.  It's just such a royal pain!   Why can my boyfriend eat a like 3 to 4 times more than me at a meal, and actually LOSE weight? Meanwhile, I'm working out everyday and trying to eat reasonably healthy, and the scale won't budge?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails