Thursday, August 1, 2013

Writing Prompt #2 Food

For my second day of this writing prompt adventure, I am asked to answer the following question:

If you had to eat the same meal over and over again for the rest of your life, what would it be, and why?

Considering I practically lived this for many years of my life, I would really hate it if this ever were to happen to me.  After all, I've only just begun to actually look at a menu and want more than one thing on it! Please don't make me go back to chicken fingers! However, I'll do my best to answer the question.  Thankfully, the question says "meal" and not "food."  If I had to pick one food to eat for the rest of my life, I don't think I could do it.  Meal at least implies that there can be courses or at least sides and a dessert.

Here goes!

I think that my main dish will be a sandwich.  We'll start with a really good, whole grain bread that has been coated in some sort of delicious sweet and spicy spread.  Next, let's add some cheese (maybe Boar's Head Chipotle Gouda) and meat.  I think I'll choose Boar's Head Chipotle Chicken or Jerk Turkey.  Actually, since this is the only thing I'm ever going to be allowed to eat again, I think I'll just put on both! I like some fresh fruit on my sandwiches, so I'll add sliced pineapple and mango.  A good sandwich needs a little crunch, so I'll have to have some dark green lettuce.  While we are at it, maybe I'll throw on some alfalfa sprouts as well.  That is probably enough...I'll want to be able to fit it in my mouth!

For my first side dish, I think I'll have salad.  I need to stay healthy! My salad will be loaded with a good variety of fresh veggies and fruit with just a little sprinkle of red wine vinegar. I'll also have a small cup of plain yogurt with a little honey mixed in for sweetness (perhaps sometimes I'll pick some fruit out of my salad to mix in the yogurt as well.)  I'm going to drink water because, well, I always do anyway!  

Now, the big question is, should I include a dessert? I'd hate to say that I'm never going to have cheesecake again, but I also wouldn't want to have it for every meal.  Maybe I'll have it on my plate at every meal, but sometimes I won't eat it.  Is that allowed?  Who makes the rules here? 

Sigh....fish tacos, you will be missed.  Burgers and fries, farewell my dear friends.  Curry, it was really nice meeting you.  I'm sorry we can't stay friends. Breakfast foods, *sniffle* I'll never forget you.  Bacon...uh...hang on....actually...I can't do without you forever.   You are also going on my sandwich.  A nice, crispy piece of you...you go hop right in there between the turkey and lettuce, and make yourself at home!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails