Friday, October 18, 2013

Michigan Vacation Part 1

Key:
Aunt M - My dad's oldest sister - lives in MI.
Aunt L - My dad's other sister - lives in MO, but came to MI at the same time as me.
Aunt E - My mom's sister who lives in MI.
Gramma - My dad's mom
Grandma - My mom's mom.

I arrived in Michigan around 2:30 in the afternoon on Tuesday the 8th.  My Aunties M and L picked me up together.  They drove me over to my Gramma's church (which is, incidentally, the church I grew up in, but more on that in another post) where we waited for her to be done working at her food pantry. 

We went back to my Gramma's house for awhile and Face-Timed with my sissy and her kids, and then drove over to have dinner with a cousin. (Well, actually, she's the ex-wife of one of my dad's cousin's, but we've all stayed close over the years, and why split hairs?)  She made us a delicious apple/peach pork chop dinner, and we spent a couple of hours chatting and catching up. I haven't spent much time with her since I was young, and I really enjoyed getting to know her a little better.  As a child, she was just my cousins' mother.  It's nice to kind of reget-to-know people as an adult. 

After dinner, my Gramma and Aunts drove me over to my Aunt E's so I could spend a couple of days with her, my Grandma, and one of my cousins on my mom's side.  I'd never stayed with Aunt E before, and it was a lot of fun getting to spend some time with her.  She and I spent most of the two days I was there working on my Halloween costume.  I'll be honest, she did most of the work.  I couldn't have done it without her help.  The picture above is the only sneak peek you get of my awesome costume.  ;)  I also helped her with a crochet project she wanted to do.  Wednesday night my cousin and her husband came over and had dinner with us.  My Aunt made some amazing veggie soup and a berry cobbler.  Yum! Thursday afternoon when Gramma, Aunt M, and Aunt L came back to pick me up,  Aunt E didn't want to let me go.  It made me feel very special to know that I was wanted by everyone. :) 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails