Saturday, September 13, 2008

Soot and Cheesecake, An Unlikely Combination


Today I finally made that Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake. Very tasty. I love the taste of pumpkin pie, but I'm not a big fan of the texture. Turning pumpkin pie into cheesecake totally solves that problem for me. (Plus, it tastes like cheesecake, so way better then pumpkin pie could ever aspire to be. ;) On mine I like to take a add a little whipped cream, caramel sauce, and crumbled gingersnaps to the top. I think it turns out prettier. After-all, presentation is so important! Don't you think? I tried to get a good picture of the end result, but they kept coming out blurry. Don't bother clicking on it to see the larger picture. It just gets worse! What can I say? My sister is the photographer in the family.

This morning I had the pleasant experience of waking up to find my white carpet black with soot or smoke or something. Apparently I need to get cleaner burning candles. I'm not sure how I'm going to get it all up. We found a tip online about using rubbing alcohol. It's helping, but it's going to take forever to get it all up, and the rubbing alcohol isn't going to take care of all of it. Also, being asphyxiated by rubbing alcohol isn't exactly my idea of a good time. If anyone has any experience with this, PLEASE give me some advise!

Tomorrow, after church, I'm heading to Alabama for a week with my mom and dad. They own some property up there, and I have never seen it. I haven't wanted to take time off work to go, but now that I'm doing nothing it seemed like the opportune time. I'm not sure how that is going to be, but I figured it will be better than sitting around here doing nothing all week. I don't know how much time I will get on the internet while I'm there, so I have no idea how long it will be before I update. I know you all will be weeping bitter tears over my absence. OK, maybe not.

See you all on the flip side!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails