Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Halloween and Tardis Dress

 I LOVE my TARDIS dress.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I could never have done it without the help of my Auntie.  I helped cut and pin and such, but she did the VAST majority of the work on this dress.  I did add the finishing TARDIS details though.  I made the belt, "PULL TO OPEN" sign, and light hair clip. Below is a crappy selfie, but it shows the glowing light.  I used cut up glow sticks to light it up.  I totally enjoyed my blue hair clip ins as well. :)



Halloween night started out a bit nutty.  Everything went wrong as I tried to leave my house.  Work stuff went crazy and I kept remembering other things I needed to grab.  I had various things the boys needed for their costumes and things I needed for mine.  I was a bit of a wreck by the time I finally left the house.  Then, about halfway to D's house, I realized that I'd left the face paint for N's costume sitting by my front door.  It was pretty necessary, so I had to stop at a costume store on the way.  Of course, EVERY OTHER PERSON ON EARTH was there too.  I stood in line FOR-EV-ER.  I did however make a fan while I was there.  This teenage girl a few people in front of me in line turned around, saw me, gasped, and squealed to her mother, "I LOVE HER DRESS!!! SHE'S THE TARDIS!!"  The whole time we were in line she kept turning around to stare at me, wave, thumbs up me, and grin.  It was pretty funny.

I finally got out of there and back on the road.  I pulled onto D's street only to realize that his van was not in his driveway.  I was totally confused for a moment and then it hit me...CRAP! I bet I was supposed to meet him at his parents' house where we would be trick or treating later.  I called him, and yeah...somehow that got lost in translation.  By this time I was frustrated and stressed and on the verge of a panic attack.  It took me the whole drive out to his parents' to calm down, but by the time I got there I was feeling much better.  

We had dinner and got the boys ready for trick or treating.  

I cannot even tell you how many hours of work went into these costumes.  It was a lot.  I think they turned out awesome though.  S was Megaman and N was Lion-o from the Thundercats.  N's hair was a blast to do.  I teased it like crazy and sprayed him down.  It was so much fun, and I think it looked great.  Everyone seemed to enjoy it when we were trick or treating.  Between his costume, saying "Trick or treat. Smell my feet.  Give me something good to eat" and his amazing way with people, he managed weasel about twice as much candy out of people as the other kids got.  I wish I knew his secret.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails